As you pursue any kind of Commercial Real Estate project—whether it’s for an investment property or for your very own business—it’s important to choose the right partners. In particular, you’ll want a seasoned Commercial Real Estate Developer who can help make your vision a reality—on time and under budget.
But with multiple Commercial Real Estate Developers to choose from, how do you select the one that’s right for you? It’s important to do your due diligence, asking the right questions as you screen potential development partners. Here at Kuester CRE, we take great pleasure in meeting with potential clients and sharing with them what makes our business unique.
As you meet with any Developer, here are some pertinent questions you might ask that can help you get a feel for the company and to determine whether it’s a good match.
What to Ask Your Commercial Real Estate Developer
- What’s the company’s background? You deserve to know as much as possible about your potential partner’s background. Further, you owe it to yourself to accurately assess their capabilities and their qualifications. Ask about their history, and their connections to the local area. Additionally, make sure you request a portfolio of their past projects. Finally, don’t hesitate to ask for references and testimonials from past clients.
- Does the company have sound finances? One thing you don’t want to end up with is a Commercial Real Estate Developer that has money problems—because of course, that’s hardly a vote of confidence in their business model or in their ability to skillfully serve client needs. Don’t hesitate to ask pointed questions about the Developer’s financial health.
- How quickly can the Developer start and complete your project? Always start with clear expectations about the project timeline. As you speak with past clients, ask them if the Developer met the agreed-upon deadlines.
- Does the Developer have a strong network? Your Developer will need a robust network of local professionals—plumbers, electricians, engineers, architects, and so on—to complete your project and ensure the highest level of quality. Ask what kinds of professional relationships the Developer has in place.
- What about document management? A good Developer will maintain proper legal documents throughout the construction process—titles, authority approvals, and so on. Ask the Developer about their process for keeping all these important documents in place. What software are they using to keep these documents organized?
In addition to these key points, we’d also note that the way you feel about a Commercial Real Estate Developer is important. Remember, you’ll be working closely with this company, and probably over an extended period of time, to get your project completed. You want it to be someone you feel comfortable working with. If you’re not satisfied with the quality of customer service you receive from a given Developer, that’s a perfectly good reason to look elsewhere. Comfort level is important!
Is Kuester CRE the Right Choice for You?
If you’re seeking a Commercial Real Estate Developer in the Carolinas, we’d encourage you to give Kuester CRE a call. We have decades of experience, a reputation for trust and integrity, and deep community roots; we’re well-respected among local professionals, and our customer service team is superior!
We’d love to talk with you more about what sets Kuester CRE apart, and to answer any questions you may have for us. Reach out to us at our toll-free number, 855-723-2500, and let’s start a conversation!